I have been waiting for this episode for months! I sat down with John Chandler, host and producer of the Sermonsmith podcast and learned from him. John interviews a different preacher on each episode and it is a wealth of knowledge about the craft of sermon preparation.
How I Prepare for Expository Bible Study or Preaching: Jeremy Sarber:
Jeremy is a listener and podcaster of his own. He runs a great blog and he shared this post with me. It is well worth your reading.
Create a Weekly Attack Plan: Art of Manliness
I came across this post in my feed reader one day. It is a great look at how one person handles an immense amount of creative responsibility as well as life in general.
Sermonsmith and John Chandler
John and I had a great conversation. I asked him these 5 questions.
1. What motivated you to start a podcast all about sermon preparation?
2. What has been the biggest common denominator in your interviews?
3. What was the most surprising thing?
4. What have you incorporated in your preparation and enjoyed the most?
5. What seems to be the usual pattern of preparation for your guests?
We had a great conversation and I hope you both enjoy it and check out Sermonsmith.
You can check out the archived Productive Pastor Insider where I shared my sermon workflow here.
Remember to sign up for the Productive Pastor Insider List. Get a great FREE productivity resource and the inside scoop every other Friday.