I am super excited to share my conversation with Adam Weber today. Adam is the lead pastor of Embrace Church. And he just wrote his first book! It is a fantastic, accessible book on prayer. I love it.
I’m hustling along on the premium content for my sermon worksheet. If you want to jump on the early bird mailing list, you can do so right here. Plus I give you the last beta version of the sheet.
My friend Danielle left a great review of the podcast on iTunes. Thanks, Danielle.
Talking with God (with Adam Weber)
On the journey with prayer.
- prayer as a last resort.
- 5 years in when I started.
- In the season of “back-patting.”
- The relationship of external prayer and deep internal desire.
- Instead of “I need your help” we run head first into fixing it ourselves.
Prayer has to change at the heart level-not the mind level.
- I want to make a different but apart from you I can do nothing.
- Don’t wait until the bottom falls out.
- Wild stuff
- Intentional prayer life through the week.
- The power of walks.
What does Sabbath look like?
- Physical space of sabbath. (walks and the front porch)
- Art of the sermon interview
- He preaches 28 times a year
- what breathes life into you and what takes life from you.
Adam’s interviews on The Threshing Floor
Buy a copy of Talking With God: What to say when you don’t know what to pray (amazon affiliate link)
Remember to Review and Rate in iTunes. You can do it right here.