Welcome to the 50th Episode of Productive Pastor! I am going to help you learn how to discern big goals in this episode…but until then, there is even more awesome stuff I want to share with you.
- Productive Music.
Lately, I have been fascinated with the music people use to get into a productive zone. I’ve shared a few articles on the Productive Pastor Facebook page. Share with me what music keeps you in a productive mindset on twitter. I’m @revchadbooks.
- iTunes Review and Ratings.
We’ve had two great reviews over the last couple of weeks. A big thanks to these listeners! You can leave one right here.
- 3. Giving Rocket May special.
So my friends at The Rocket Company are giving away some great (FREE) training this month AND heavily discounting Giving Rocket, one of their core coaching programs. I have spent over 1k on Giving Rocket and it is absolutely worth every penny. If you want to be part of this special training, subscribe to my insider list right here. I give away my daily worksheet through the list AND you will have quick access to these amazing videos.
How To Discern Big Goals
I hear from folks constantly needing help about goals. Some people need helping creating systems and checklists and others have a tough time actually filtering what is worth being a goal. Let me take you through three movements of how to discern big goals.
Think about these things. Here are the first questions I use…and I’m sure you can come up with more.
- What would radically change things?
- What holes exist currently?
- What problems repeatedly arise (handle this proactively)
- What would give us a new “normal”?
Take the time to think about what could be. Think about what a new future reality could look like.
- What would the environment of completing this goal look like?
- What would be different?
- How would it be different?
This is the space where you think about what manipulating and changing parameters could do.
Now begin putting these things together. I’m a big fan of sitting down and taking a massive amount of notes. Don’t worry about building it into systems and pathways yet.
- Step your goal back.
- Begin creating steps
- Find mini-goals
- Discern if your main goal is way too big. How can you transform this into a reachable win?
- What are the bottlenecks in your way? How can you fix them?
- What do you need to do to cause the dreams to happen?
Mentioned and Recommended Episodes